Recently, I received a message from someone asking if I do flower origami.
I know I do not have a post about it yet so, challenge accepted! 💪
So, I checked what flowers origami I can do. It so happened that this person shared a photo.
Hence, here I am sharing with you how to make cherry blossom origami or Sakura origami! 🌸🌸🌸
What you will need:
- Paper (Coloured ones)
- a pair of scissors
1.Start with a square paper.
2. Fold the paper horizontally, making a rectangular shape. However, make sure that the folded part is at the bottom.
From this step, we will have 6 points which are A, B, C, D, E. F.
3. Fold point C to point E then unfold and fold point F to point B then unfold. As a result, you should have an “X” mark on the right side of your paper.
4. Fold point D to the center of your “X” mark.
5. On that same fold, take point D again making a cone-like shape in the left side of your paper.
6. Fold point F to the inner side of the cone.
7. Fold the full right side of the paper backwards (mountain fold).
8. Cut the lines as shown in the photo and discard the upper part.
9. Unfold your paper and make sure the creases are in the same direction.
10. Collapse the paper by joining the “petals” in the center making 1 petal form. The right side of your “petal” should have 3 folds and the left side should have 2 folds.
11. Fold the right side (the one with 3 folds) of your petal backward. (Mountain fold)
12. Fold the left side (the one with 2 folds) of your petal forwards. (Valley fold)
13. Open up your paper gently and make sure to hold the center. Fold the creases flat where it overlaps.
14. Flip your paper and you will see your very own Cherry Blossom flower!🌸
You can make them in different colors and sizes! I find the smaller ones really cute