As Valentines Day is near, I bet many of you are looking for a special gift to give to your loved one ♥♥♥
I will be sharing with you a very easy dessert that is simple yet elegant and of course, as practical as I am, really cheap to make 😉😉😉
Making chocolate covered strawberries is really easy and here are the ingredients you will need and steps you have to follow:
- Strawberries (choose good quality strawberries)
- Chocolates (It can be white, milk, dark, etc. I prefer dark chocolates as it goes well with the flavor of the strawberry but it is up to you ☺)
- Baking cups and baking paper.
- Optional: Crushed Nuts (can be used as added flavor/ texture)
1. Wash the strawberries thoroughly making sure they are clean and pat dry. (make sure to gently dry them so the strawberries will not get crushed)
2. Melt your chocolates.
There are two ways you can melt your chocolates:
First- via double-broiler
Place a stainless steel or heat-safe glass bowl over an ordinary pan. Fill the pan with an inch or two of water, but make sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Bring the water to a simmer, then add chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted.
Second– via microwave oven
Put your chocolate bits in a microwave-safe bowl. Set the microwave to the lowest heat setting. Microwave the bowl of chocolate for 30 seconds, then take out and stir. Repeat in 15–30-second intervals until fully melted.
(I used the second method for this post but I also used the first method before and both will give you the same outcome as long as you follow the steps carefully ☺)
3. Dip your strawberries in the melted chocolate. It may be half-way or until it touches the leaves.
(When you do this step, make sure your chocolate is not that hot. It should be around 38ºC -39 ºC)
4. Place your strawberries dipped in chocolate in a baking paper and allow to fully dry.
(If you would like to add crushed nuts, sprinkle them before the chocolate dries.)
5. Get your baking cups and fill them with a spoonful of chocolate. I used a cupcake mold to hold the shape but I also tried doing some without using a mold and it turned out okay ☺
6. Place your chocolate-dipped strawberry on top of the chocolate that you put in the baking cups and let them dry. (You can either leave them at room temperature or put it in the fridge)
7. This is optional. If you are planning to give this out as a gift, you can put the finished products inside a box for a more presentable look 😉
This yummy treat will definitely win over your partner’s heart this coming love month!♥♥♥
AWESOME TIP OR YOU: If you have a lot of excess melted chocolate, do not throw it. Instead, use it as a fruit dip.😋😋😋