This New Year’s Eve, I think it is best to follow the saying, “It is better safe than sorry!” After all, we all want a happy and healthy year ahead, right?☺
So, we thought of a safe and enjoyable way you can still celebrate the New Year with a bang!
Here’s our EASY DIY CONFETTI POPPER!🎊 It can be used by both kids and adults and it’s a lot of fun to make!
- a pair of scissors
- toilet paper tubes
- 9″ balloons
- patterned papers or tapes, glitters, ribbons, etc. to be used for decorations
- metallic shredded paper, glitters, pre-made confetti etc. for the confetti
- Packaging Tape/ Glue
Here’s how you do it:
1.Cut your balloon at the top and knot the bottom part.
2. Stretch the balloon around the toilet paper tube and secure it with packaging tape.
3. Start designing your toilet paper tube using your chosen material. Make sure not to cover the knotted bottom part of the balloon. ( Note: If you will be using glitters as design, cover your tube with glue so the glitters will not come off and ensure you have a piece of paper below your working area as it’s gonna be a bit messy 😅 )
4. Make your confetti. Using your scissors, cut your metallic shredded paper. (This is applicable only if you do not have pre-made confetti ☺)
5. Put the confetti inside the tube. To make this easier, you can use a funnel. If you don’t have one, roll a piece of paper as a DIY funnel ☺
TIP: To have a big confetti shower, put more confetti inside your tube.
6. To make your confetti “pop!”, you have to pull down on the knotted bottom part of the balloon, let it go and your confetti will burst high up like a firecracker!🎆 🎆 🎆
HAVE A FUN AND SAFE NEW YEAR’S EVE!!!