Spring season is still here and it can also be a season of… BUTTERFLIES! So, I think it is the best time to show you how to make a very easy butterfly origami! 🦋 🦋 🦋
You can enjoy making these with your kids and decorate your rooms with them after. A win-win scenario, right? 😉
The materials you will need to make your very own butterfly origami are just colored papers and a pair of scissors.
(The colorful the paper, the better as you know, butterflies are one of the most colorful creatures ♥)
Here are the nine (9) easy steps on how to do it:
1.You should start with a square paper. I used 23 x 23 cm in this post.
2. Fold your square paper horizontally then unfold. After that, fold diagonally on both sides, left and right, then unfold.
3. Collapse from the creases made from folding the paper to make a triangle pocket.
4. In the front side of your triangle, fold both sides upward.
5. Turn over so you will have the backside of the triangle pointing downward.
6. You need to fold the triangle past the edge.
7. Again, turn over and fold the small tip backward.
8. Fold the center along the dotted lines and press flat.
9. This step is optional. You can cut the edges of your butterfly wings to give it a different look 😉
That’s it! You are done and you can start making tons of these beautiful and yet easy to make butterfly origami and decorate your lovely home with them 🦋🦋🦋